Sunday, October 12, 2008

Three Day Weekend of Home Improvement

I know this is an art blog, but I have to post about my latest adventures in upgrading my kitchen. My husband John told me I could give my kitchen a face lift for my b-day. That sounded great to me, because ever since we moved into our house last December we had to put up with some 90's color schemes. The kitchen was dark green with white trim, white cabinets and white counters. I guess they were really into high contrast. :-/ --Oh yeah and gold handles. Anyway we didn't like it. After thinking forever about it, I finally decided to model my kitchen after this lovely $3 dish towel I found at Kmart. I know that doesn't sound like much of an inspiration piece, but I really do love it. It's aqua blue with lemons on it. Those that know me from the derbies now know I have a citrus fettish. I wasn't kidding. The theme of my new kitchen is citrus. :)

Yesterday we replaced all of the nasty gold cabinet hardware with pretty brushed nickel. We had to be on our best behavior with this guy around:





Today we put two coats of primer to cover up that green. We probably would have gotten more done, but John has been sick. We're both off tomorrow, so I think that should give us enough time to put two coats of aqua on it. Anyway, just felt like sharing. I'll try to put some before/after shots up here when we're done. C-ya!

No comments: