Friday, September 26, 2008

New Derby Entries and Other News

Well, Purple Rain ended up finishing in 5th. I was pleased with how many votes it ended up with though. Here's to hoping for an honorable mention.

The new theme is Panic. I among others were a little surprised by this one since it's so much like the Emergency theme which wasn't that long ago. Oh well, at least I feel like I've improved a little since Emergency. Here are my two ideas:

Look Out Behind You!



After drawing the boy, I realized I've been watching too much of the anime, Gurren Lagann, because that little guy reminds me of Simon. Ha ha! Good show, btw.

The Kois' Demise



What? No, I love koi fish. In fact, I've been wanting to do a design with koi fish for awhile now. It's just that EVERYONE has beat me to it!! ;-)

Anyway, I've also recently submitted a design for a Woot Daily. Hopefully, I'll be hearing from them soon. This is the first time I've tried, so I don't know how long they usually take to say yay or nay. It's sort of "Halloweenish" so they might respond quickly.

No comments: