Monday, May 11, 2009

Design Rut

Remember my last entry? You know the one that was all about inspiration? Yeah this entry is the opposite. The theme for me the past few days is uninspired. I'm so uninspired, this will probably be a short blog entry. See, I'm even writing in short sentences. Seriously though, I think I'm in a rut right now mentally, physically, creatively, blah blah blah. I've spent the past couple of months designing until my brain bled, and the only fruit to show for it is a handful of designs that are just under par. I know there will be times like this and I should stop whining about it, keep my chin up, etc, but I'm freaking exhausted. This is how bad it is: yesterday I did housework all day long and I actually enjoyed it. I was ecstatic about cooking something new, and I wasn't even upset that it didn't turn out that great. (Turns out artichokes are tricky.) Normally I rush through housework on Sundays in order to get a chance to sit down and design. Yesterday I didn't even open Photoshop.

Anyway, I'll get over it and get back to looking like TOBIASFONSECA's character here:



I'll get back to designing and hopefully work my way through the rut, but I think tonight I'm going to cook Apple Pecan Stuffed Chicken with a Pear Arugula Salad.

1 comment:

Derek said...

Yeah, I definitely know the dreaded 'design rut'... I doubt it will last long for you though ;-)